Translate

Sunday, July 7, 2013

RAIN!!!!

As I sit here in my 5th Wheel listening to the rain fall I can't help but feel relaxed, the thumping of the rain as it hits the roof seems to mellow me out.  I'm sitting here drinking my coffee contemplating my navel....;o).

The only sad part of this day for me is that I will be back at the old grind again on Monday.  Retirement is looking better every day.  My cousin told me a few years back that I would know when I was ready to retire, it would just seem right.  Well I think I am nearing that apex.

Here is a question, why is it that 2 holes on the golf course can tilt your whole game?  I went from the low 40's to 50 , boom just like that :o( .  Oh well something to work on, I will see if I can perfect this before retirement.

The rain also makes me think of the days in my youth when we would set on the front porch of our home in Keego Harbor, Michigan and my mom would prattle on about her childhood days back in Southern Illinois.  I loved it!  I would also sit there and read a Hardy Boy book and let it transport me to places like Alaska, the Amazon, desert southwest.  Adventure after adventure whisked away by fantasy and the hope of the future.  The joy of reading!!!!  I still read and enjoy the adventure as it maps its way through my thoughts.  Building pictures of the impossible made possible by the landscape of your imagination.

I like the rain!!



1 comment:

Glen Huizenga said...

Best sentence I've read all day "...drinking coffee contemplating my navel" - the best!