Translate

Sunday, July 13, 2008

RETIREMENT

Well, I retired from the schools as of June 30, 2008. As of July 1, 2008 I started my new Business, SE Michigan Facilities Management, LLC a consulting company. I also started working for Fraser Public Schools as an independent contractor. I will be working for them for 220 days a year. The contract is for three years until June 30, 2011. I also will be doing work for Martin MacElroy Company as a consultant.

I do not have to worry about as much; my pension will also start some time in August 2008. So even if my company does not work I still will have my pension to get me threw the tighter times.

Tuesday I will be teaching a seminar at Oakland University on Facilities Management and the school environment. This will also give me many new contacts for the new business.

So as things go I am pretty excited about the future. Maybe by 2011 I will completely retire and travel doing the things I like (golf, camp, travel). Connie does not want to stop working until our 62 birthdays. We shall see.

No comments: